INVITATION We sent out a FACEBOOK E-Vites 3 weeks prior asking them to Bring a Salad to share and we provide the rest.
ATTIRE We wanted everyone to match so we ask them to wear a white top and also so that our Red Hearts will stand out - and it did! :)
VIDEO MESSAGE We spent 10 minutes doing a Video Message for the ones that were missing who are currently in France + Brisbane :)
NIGHT IN A WRAP
- Guest arrived and put hearts on their hearts
- Find their seats
- Do Video Message to our family in France + Brisbane
- Go through the Menu
- Bless the Food
- Play Bonbons Game
- Have Dessert
- Mum + Dad say few words about Love and looking out for each other
- Close with a Family prayer and because it's Fast Sunday the next day - we opened our Fast as a family.
- Clean up
PICTURE 1 Our Committee doing the final touch before our FAMILY arrive! I'm so glad I involved the kids - they were full of excitement and willing to help!
PICTURE 2 Every Family Member were ask to 'place a heart on their heart'. Here we have some pretty red fabrics cut out in love hearts with safety pin! This is something so simple but it kinda tied us together as one!
PICTURE 3 + 4 it cost us $12.50 for our table settings:
- Bon-Bons cost $1 for 30 of them (I love Christmas Sales)! They were the plain ones so it was perfect! It came with a Hat + Joke and I print out Questions for them to answer!
- Red + Gold Jars cost me $1 each so I bought about 5 of them.
- Trays cost me $0.50 each so it as the perfect addition to our centerpiece.
- Plants they were for free off our fence - it was the perfect final touch to our jars!
- Hearts we used my gorgeous Sizzix Machine that my brother Nela bought me this for Christmas 2014 to cut out different size hearts and scatter them on the table.
- Bunting you will notice from the far end there's buntings that I bought from Kmart. It cost me $4 for the 2 which saved me a lot of time from making it :)
PICTURE 5 Metalic Gift Bows on chairs! It's funny how tiny details can set the tone for anything. We decided to put the bows on chairs - we bought a big pack of 100 for $1 on Christmas Sale!
PICTURE 6 we wanted to especially explain our menus like a restaurant! So when our Family were all seated - I took 5 minutes to go through the menu one by one. It was simple but because we explained it in made it more special and exciting for everyone - again - small attention to details make the difference :)
PICTURE 7 our entrance to the tables - everyone walk pass the 'HEARTS' and take one and go to the table and look for their name. [well our FAMILY being FAMILY they picked their own seats and two of our committee members (both 8yrs old) said to each other 'what the use of organised seats people didn't even sit on their assigned seat! lol]
PICTURE 8 I love the nature especially when it comes to family gathering! We used red baubles hanging all over the Roses and few love hearts! It cost me $2 for all that.
PICTURE 9 A close up of our vase! Isn't it gorgeous!
PICTURE 11 All our SPECIAL GUESTS who happen to be my very own FAMILY!
PICTURE 12 The little ladies behind the scene - our Committee!
PICTURE 13 We played a game where everyone open their bonbons and one by one everyone stand up read their questions, ask someone to answer, before they answer it themselves! Loved it.
IT SURE WAS A GREAT NIGHT! x