Australia Day is celebrated 26th of January every year everywhere in Australia!
Best thing about Australia Day is that there is no set rules how to celebrate the day BUT please do celebrate it even if you are not currently in Australia! It is such a great Country to be a part of!
Here are few steps that might help you get you excited:
- STEP 1: PLAN AHEAD: This is very important! While last minute can be very adventurous - it can also take the fun out of the day - and trust me I am the most last minute of all so I know! Here are few ideas to start you off:
- Invite Family or/and Friends for a BBQ at Home or Park
- Celebrate at Work
- Attending an official event such as Fireworks, Concerts, Parades etc
- Beach Day or Pool Day
- Visit Museums and learn about Australia's history
- STEP 2: DRESS UP: I love theme dressing! Why not dress up Aussie Colors to suit the occasion. Use face paints, temporary tattoo, jewellery, make-up, nail polish hats, clothes etc etc. Here's few cute ideas:
- Indigenous Australian Art Inspired Nails from Sonailicious
- Koala Face Painting from Jelly Fish Print
- STEP 3: WATCH THE FIREWORKS: There will be Evening Fireworks, so do your research on what's close to you and pack some snacks, drinks, games and picnic blanket and glowsticks and take you families/friends to watch the Fireworks!
- STEP 4: FLY THE AUSTRALIAN FLAG: Grab an Australian Flag, Aboriginal Flag, Torres Strait Islander Flag or other Australia Flag from your local store and hang it from your car or hoist it in front of your house proud and loud.
- STEP 5: MAKE AUSTRALIA CRAFTS: There are tons of craft ideas.. Here are few of my many favorites:
- Indoor Boomerang from What Do We Do All Day
- Didgeridoo from Mess for Less
- Cocatoo Pencil Tins from The Craft Train
- Stick & Sprinkle Australian Flag from Danya Banya
- Koala Newspaper Collage from House of Baby Piranha
- Bush Critters from The Craft Train
- STEP 6: MAKE AUSTRALIA FOOD: Do you research and make few Australian Food to compliment the day. Just to name a few:
- Mini lamington cupcakes from Childhood 101
- Australia Day snack box printable from Three Foot Cooks
- Wholemeal Anzac Biscuits from Danya Banya
- How to make Damper Bread from Laughing Kids Learn
- STEP 7: SEND AN AUSSIE DAY E-CARD TO FRIENDS AND FAMILIES: Look online for sites that provide this resource and wish your fellow Australians a very happy Australia Day.
Happy Australia Day! xo