I am a big fan of #makingmemories with our loved ones. For Valentines 2016 why don't you CREATE a meaningful Family Tradition for your family!
Make it simple yet memorable - don't go crazy and start planning it like it's CHRISTMAS DAY because then you'll be wrecking it all.. after all LOVE is celebrated daily we just don't really take much notice of it such as a simple text message, a facebook comment, a smile from our loved ones, sharing food with family and friends, laughing over something silly and the list goes on.
One year our family decided to make a Video to send our brothers WCM & AM who were currently away for Rugby sacrificing so much for our family to have a better living. Here's the video if you want to watch it: 'Valentines Video Card for W & A'.
3 Valentines in our 8.5 years of our Marriage we decided to use what we would have spent on ourselves and spend it on others for Valentines and it was so much fun lightening up someone's day! I remember 2014 waking up to a little sack of lollies hanging on our door knob from my Sister E! I remember in High School when the girls would buy a whole bunch of plastic roses and give them out at school for the fun of it :) I remember doing Heart Attack with our Family around our neighbourhood.. and the list goes on and on. #somanywonderfulmemories
NO.1 RULES BE EXCITED and KEEP IT SIMPLE. It really can be as simple as:
- a phone call
- wear something red and make a trip with the family to McDonald's for $0.50 Ice-Cream cone
- a favourite chocolate next to a their pillow
- Red Food + Red Dessert + Red Drink for Dinner
- but celebrate it for LOVE and GRATITUDE to love and be loved
- Heart Attack neigbours, widow even your own family :)
- MAKE A VIDEO!
If you are stuck for IDEAS - do some research on Pinterest - they have tons of IDEAS that would get you excited. I know my little 8 year old Niece RSD loves planning surprises or funstuff - so involving kids in planning would excite them so much!
Here are few of my many Favorites (see pictures below):
- Valentines Scavenger Hunt from Adventures in Wunderland
- You Make My Heart Pop from Crazy Little Projects
- Valentines Banner from Tatertots & Jello
- Valentines Dinner from eYe likes food
- Valentine Fruits With Messages from Cake Whiz
- Bag Toppers from How Does She
- Crayon Cards from How Does She
- Treat Bag from Little LDS Ideas
- Mustache Lip Sucker from I Heart Naptime
- Super Hero Valentines from Little Bit Funky
- Frozen Olaf Valentines from One Creative Mommy
Happy Valentines ya'll..