I know some people that can’t understand the fun aspects of sewing (that’s me with Cooking) but the truth is for me it really is Therapeutic!
How about you? What do you find therapeutic? Cooking? Drawing? Going Out? Fashion? Getting your hair done? Eating?...
For me when I sew I don't just sew. During sewing I also like to watch my favourite TV Show or listen to music or window shopping online or eating my favourite chocolate, or even just chatting with someone while sewing! It is such a good feeling because I’m in My Zone and would happily stay there for the DAY well for the week :) haha
I have been asked a few times what makes sewing therapeutic for me.. here’s a few I can think of on the top of my head:
- Feel Adventurous & Creative!
- There's always excitement doing what you love
- The feel of the material on my skin
- The colors and design of fabrics
- I don't like compliments but love compliments I get on my sewing!
- The satisfaction of creating something with my own hands
- The joy and appreciation it brings to people I sew for
So here’s my Therapy Session last Saturday together with hay fever! I made 2 dresses with matching hairclips.
Sometimes I could finish sewing something so quickly but I savor the moment and just really enjoy it and that's what makes the difference for me, is remembering that I'm progressing my talent and doing something I LOVE rather than making it a chore.
Hope you have a fabulous week ya'll..
- oh sew pesi -